Bacon Wrapped Spiced Dates with Goat’s Cheese
Crisp and salty bacon, creamy and slightly sour goat’s cheese and sweet spiced dates come together to form a mouthwatering, irresistible canapé. Take our advice and double or triple this recipe.
|½ Cup||Red wine vinegar|
|½ Cup||Orange juice|
|¼ tsp||Allspice, ground|
|¼ tsp||Cloves, ground|
|¼ tsp||Black peppercorns, whole|
|¼ tsp||Ginger, ground|
|12||Bacon, thinly sliced, cut in half crosswise|
|140 g||Goat's cheese, cut into rounds|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring vinegar, orange juice, sugar and spices to a boil in a small pot. Add dates and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until soft but not mushy.
- Roll goat’s cheese rounds into ovals slightly smaller than the dates. Place in the freezer to harden.
- Cool the dates. Slice down the side and gently pry open, remove the pit and insert cheese into the cavity.
- Wrap each date with half a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden, turn halfway through.
- Pierce each with a toothpick and serve warm or at room temperature.