Endive with Zesty Lobster, Avocado & Orange SegmentsYield: 15 pieces
This canapé marries tart citrus and sweet lobster and puts them to bed on a cool pillow of avocado in an endive nest. Your guests will rave over its beautiful presentation… and then again once they try it.
|1||Avocado, peeled and pitted|
|1 tsp||Freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice|
|100 g||Lobster meat, cooked and chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Orange juice (from above)|
|1 ½ tsp||Hot sauce|
|1 tsp||Pusateri's Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|To taste||Kosher salt|
|To taste||Fresh ground black pepper|
|For garnish||Cilantro leaves|
- Cut off the top and bottom of an orange, exposing its flesh. Slice off the peel top to bottom, removing all the pith. Remove sections; cut from the outside to the center along the inside of the membrane on either side of each section. Squeeze the juice from the core into a separate bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, use a fork to smash the avocado until smooth. Mix in the lemon or lime juice, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the bottoms off the endives and separate the leaves. Set aside.
- Place chopped lobster meat in a small bowl. Add 1 Tbsp of the reserved orange juice, hot sauce and olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, place a dollop of avocado on each endive leaf, top with orange segments, and a generous teaspoon of lobster salad.
- Lightly garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.