Pancetta (and bacon) have a great fat: protein ratio and its high sodium is a great fit for a low carb diet. Meaning this recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also a perfect keto diet staple.
|1 pkg||Piaceri D’Italia Pancetta Coppata|
|4 tbsp||Le Grand Garden Pesto|
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
Chuck Hughes’ My Vegetable Farmer’s Hot Pepper Spread
|fresh green herbs, minced, for garnish|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Bake pancetta rounds in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 17-20 minutes until crisp.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add pesto and whisk well.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
5. When the oil is hot, add eggs stir continuously until cooked to your desired doneness.
6. Top each crispy pancetta round with a spoonful of scrambled eggs, a dollop of hot pepper spread and a generous sprinkle of green herbs.
Serve additional hot pepper spread on the side.
A combination of fresh basil, parsley, and chives add a burst of freshness and flavour to the finished dish.