Switch out your typical scalloped potatoes side dish with tasty root vegetables like sweet potato, turnip and rutabaga.
yields approx. 4 cups
- 4 cups parsnip, sweet potato, turnip, rutabaga, sliced thinly
- 1/4 lb Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 75 ml 35% cream
- 2 oz Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 1 oz unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl and then transfer to a shallow baking dish. The mixture should be slightly higher near the center of the baking dish.
- Pour remaining liquid from the bowl overtop.
- Place dish in oven at convection bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 300F.
- Test vegetables with a toothpick to ensure they are cooked all the way through.
Tip: The harder the root vegetable, the more flavourful they are likely to be.