Dress up your mashed potatoes by adding smoked cheddar and delicious slices of truffle. A guaranteed showstopper at your next holiday dinner.
yields approx. 4 cups
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut in half
- ½ oz roasted garlic, pureed
- 50 ml 35% cream
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 5 oz smoked cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbs white truffle oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well, then transfer to a small stand mixer with whip.
- Add cream, butter, garlic, truffle oil and salt and pepper to taste.