Sweet honey, salty miso and spicy ginger compliment Atlantic salmon’s full flavour.
|4||7 oz Atlantic salmon filets|
|To taste||Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt|
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|3 tbsp||tamari or soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||white or light miso paste|
|1 tbsp||minced ginger|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||lemon zest|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||chopped spring onion, white part only|
|1||minced spring onion, green part only for garnish|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly season salmon filets with salt.
3. Add vegetable oil to a non-stick, oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat.
4. Prepare glaze by blending all remaining ingredients except the garnish until smooth.
5. Add salmon filets to the pan skin side up and cook for 4 minutes until the flesh has caramelized.
6. Gently flip the filets and spoon one tablespoon of the glaze over each filet.
7. Place the filets in the oven and bake for five minutes.
8. Spoon one additional tablespoon over each filet and continue to bake for 7-12 minutes. 7 minutes cooks to a medium rare temperature and 12 minutes cooks to a medium well temperature.
9. Garnish with the minced spring onion and serve with a wedge of lemon on the side.