Gala apples lend a sweet bite to this savory classic, which pairs deliciously with roasted turkey, pork or squash.
|600 g||Fred’s Bread Loaf, cubed|
|1½ cups||diced onion|
|3||shallots, peeled and diced|
|3||cloves garlic, peeled and slivered|
|1 tsp||Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt|
|3||Gala apples, peeled and diced|
|200 ml||Kiju Apple Juice (1 juice box)|
|2 tbsp||fresh parsley, chopped|
|Pacific Coast Organic Vegetable Stock|
|To taste||sea salt|
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. Place cubed bread on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for one hour, mixing every 15 minutes.
3. Once the bread has become crispy and toasted, remove from oven and set aside until needed.
4. Raise oven heat to 350° F.
5. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, shallots, garlic and kosher salt and sauté 4-5 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
6. Add apples and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Add apple juice, parsley, thyme and bay leaves and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, approximately 5-7 minutes.
8. Whisk together vegetable stock and eggs.
9. Place bread and apple mixture into a large bowl. Add vegetable stock mixture and stir until the liquid is fully distributed.
10. Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and bake for 40-50 minutes.
11. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and serve.