If you haven’t tried whole roasted cauliflower, you’ll be amazed at how rich in flavour it is. Beautiful as a side, it also makes a stunning and filling main.
Serves: 2 as main, 6 as side
|3 tbsp||Pusateri’s Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2 tbsp||lemon zest|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 tbsp||The Epicentre Zaatar spice|
|1 tsp||tamari or soy sauce|
|1 head||cauliflower, greens removed|
Pusateri’s Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|1 tsp||Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt|
|dried dates, pits removed|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|2 tbsp||chopped fresh parsley|
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
2. Place the whole head of cauliflower in a large Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate for two hours at room temperature or four hours in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F.
4. Place the marinated cauliflower in a casserole dish, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, basting after 10 minutes.
6. Add the dates to the dish and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes–again, basting halfway through.
7. In a bowl, mix chopped pistachios, honey, and lemon juice.
8. Remove roasted cauliflower and dates to a serving plate and drizzle with pistachio mixture.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley.
To make this dish vegan, simply substitute maple syrup for the honey.