Perfecting the holiday's most famous cookie but with a twist, this thin and crispy version will be the finishing touch to your holiday party. Looking for a soft and thick version - we have you covered.
IngredientsYields 4 round discs
|195 g||granulated sugar (plus more for sprinkling)|
|335 g||soft butter|
|450 g||pastry flour, well sifted|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|cinnamon for sprinkling if desired|
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer, blend the butter, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth and homogenous.
- Sift the pastry flour well
addto the butter mixture. Paddle on low speed until dough is smooth and there are no lumps of dry ingredients.
- Separate the dough into four equal portions, wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until the dough is no longer very soft or warm.
- Carefully roll each dough portion into thin flat discs approximately 8 or 9 inches across and place on a prepared baking sheet to bake.
- Brush each disc with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, then bake at approximately 375F until light golden brown.
- Remove the cookie discs from the oven and score like a pizza while it's still hot.
- Allow to cool and firm up on the baking tray before attempting to break apart.