A holiday classic, shortbread cookies are a favourite whether dressed up with chocolate or simply bare. Want to try a thin and crispy style? See here!
IngredientsYields a small batch
|250 g||soft butter|
|125 g||icing sugar, well sifted|
|315 g||pastry flour, well sifted|
|A pinch of salt|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|50g||egg yolks (approximately 2.5 yolks)|
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer, blend the sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add the sifted flour and paddle on low speed until the dough is smooth and homogenous, and just until there are no lumps of dry ingredients or streaks of butter. No need to over mix.
- Roll the dough out on some parchment paper at approximately 1/2 an inch thickness and refrigerate for several hours until nice and firm.
- Slice the shortbread into squares or portion out using a cookie cutter of your choice, and bake at 350F until the bottoms are showing light golden colour. No need to bake until the tops of the cookies are golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the tray to cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.