This restaurant-worthy side brings all the flavour and freshness of spring to your holiday table.
|12-16 pcs||baby heirloom carrots, peeled (if necessary) and cut in half lengthwise|
|pearl onions, peeled and cut in quarters|
sugar snap peas, topped and de-stringed
|Large pinch||Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt|
|1||yellow zucchini, diced|
|fresh English peas|
|8||radish, cut in half|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp||parsley, minced|
|1½ tsp||lemon zest|
1. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add the carrots.
2. Blanch carrots for 5-7 minutes or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
3. Strain carrots and set aside until needed.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add onions.
5. Cook onions for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until they begin to caramelize.
6. Add snap peas to the pan along with the water and salt.
7. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half and add the zucchini, peas, radish and garlic.
8. Once the liquid has almost fully evaporated, reduce the heat to medium and add the carrots, butter, parsley and lemon zest.
9. Toss it all together and serve.
Replace the parsley with tarragon for a wonderful new flavour profile.