Make this year’s celebration totally unique with clever details and festive flourishes your guests will be copying for years.
- Keep a small pot of cinnamon sticks and cloves simmering in water on your stove to infuse your space with an intoxicatingly spicy scent.
- They’re never too old for loot bags: fill a basket with wrapped mini treats by the door for guests to enjoy on the way out.
- Don’t forget the washroom! Fill a bowl with clove-studded clementines on the counter for
- Blend strands from different plants and herbs (evergreen and cedar or rosemary and boxwood work beautifully) into an oversized, unconventional wreath.
- Create tonal themes with unexpected items in the same hue acting as your table runner.
- Wrap empty boxes to decorate your entranceway along with stockings and ornaments.
- Change up your centrepiece display with smaller outdoor wreaths.
- Wrap your front door with oversized ribbon and a giant bow.
- Turn old branches into accent pieces by dipping them in gold or silver metallic paint.
- Jazz up your everyday store-bought wreaths with paper holly or balloon letters that spell out "Happy Holidays".
Our tips will have your guests in a winter wonderland they won't want to leave.