Thank you Nella Kitchen Equipment for providing us with fantastic kitchen tools to make this video possible.
|Left over roasted turkey - shredded|
|1||Carrot - diced|
Onions - diced
|1||Celery - Diced|
|1||Leek - halved and sliced|
|1||Waxy potato - peeled and cubed|
|Mushrooms - sliced|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|¾ cup||Heavy cream|
|1||Bunch thyme - steamed|
|1 pack||Puff pastry|
|1||Egg - whisked with 1 tbsp of water|
|Salt and pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 400F and place the rack into the center.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat add a knob of butter and oil. Sauté the carrot, onion, celery and leek until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the potato to the mixture, continue cooking for 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the flour, stirring constantly and cooking for 1-2 minutes before deglazing with the chicken stock. Bring the mixture to the boil then reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
- Stir through the cream and turkey, cook for another 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry until its 1cm thick. Stamp out rounds of dough that are slightly larger than the diameter of the dishes you are using. Gently roll each round to stretch the dough even more if necessary.
- Divide the turkey mixture into the ramekins. Brush the edges lightly with the egg wash and secure a round of pastry on top, lightly crimping the edges. Brush with egg wash and prick with a fork to let the steam escape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.