Low in fat and high in protein, this tofu scramble is a great way to introduce more plant-based protein into your diet.
|1 pkg (400 g)||firm tofu|
|Pusateri’s ground turmeric|
|Large pinch||black pepper|
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|3 tbsp||Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast Flakes|
Blackbird sourdough bread, grilled or toasted
fresh parsley or chopped chives, for garnish
1. Drain the tofu and crumble it into small pieces (the size of large peas) over a large bowl.
2. Whisk the water and turmeric together in a small bowl and add it to the tofu. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu mixture and cook, stirring regularly, until the liquid has reduced by half, approximately 5-7 minutes.
4. Sprinkle nutritional yeast over the tofu and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Do not stir.
5. After 4 minutes, stir the mixture together and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper as needed.
6. Plate the tofu mixture atop grilled sourdough and garnish with fresh parsley or chopped chives
Instead of breaking the tofu by hand, you can gently grate it using the large holes of a box grater.
This dish pairs really nicely with sliced roasted red peppers on the side.
If you have Kala Namak on hand (Indian Black Salt), a small sprinkle is the perfect colour and flavour accent.